Drop off and Pick Up Instructions
Gala Winners First in Carpool: Our Main carpool line will begin with the two first families (Rodriguez and Torres Family then the rest of the cars on Ann Street and down St. Charles to Navigation Blvd.
Dismissal Procedure: Afterschool pick up must accommodate a greater number of vehicles than drop off in a shorter span of time. To achieve this, the procedure is more structured than drop off.
- Two lanes are used to facilitate pick up. When drivers arrive to school prior to dismissal, they should pull up as far as possible in the appropriate lanes.
- Drivers must wait in their cars until directed to enter the pickup lanes (in front of school) by a faculty/staff member. The front of School building is the loading zone. We will only load six cars at a time.
- Drivers please do not speed through the parking lot, for safety of our children, faculty/staff, and families. Thank you.
- All students not picked up at 3:35 on Monday through Friday will be sent Extended Day/Aftercare.
- Please display your White Student Carpool Card on your Dashboard during dismissal. If you need additional cards, please stop by the school office. Please call school office, if there will be a different person picking up child(ren). This person must be on the Emergency Card.
- You must stay in your car until you are directed by faculty/staff to pull up in front of the school. Your child’s safety is of utmost importance to us all.
- If you need to pick up your child early, please come in no later than 2:45 Monday–Friday Thank you for your help and cooperation during this process.
- Families will not be charged for Extended Day (afterschool care) until after 3:30, including Pre-K students.
Preschool Dissmissal: Parents will drop off and pick up through the school parking lot. Cars should line up along N St. Charles St. by the cemetery.
Students not picked up by 3:05 will be taken to the main school building and parents must into 3:15 carpool line. Students will not be placed into car without a car seat.
Student Safety First Please enter the morning drop-off car line with caution. The morning drop off is an express line; parents may not stop and get out of their cars. Students must exit from the PASSENGER SIDE only. Students MUST be ready to exit the car once pulling into the car line drop-off in order to eliminate back-up traffic. DO NOT DRIVE OUT OF THE CAR LINE. PLEASE WAIT FOR THE LINE TO MOVE SLOWLY TO EXIT. If you need to bring your child into the school building, you MUST park your car and enter through the main school entrance. You must report to the office.
Dismissal Traffic Flow: We would to apologize on the heavy traffic flow during dismissal. This is due to the developers building on Kennedy Street (now Bayou Park Drive). We also have increased our enrollment so therefore, there are more vehicles in the carpool line. We are also asking drivers to PLEASE not CUT the carline, parents will be asked to go to the end of the carline if this occurs.
Parent’s in preschool pick up at 2:45 and need to be line closer to the parking lot/rectory. We are asking parents that pick up in the main school building to please make room for our preschool parents to pick up. We will open the preschool gate at2:35 to help with the traffic flow. Pre-k parents will be able to pull into the parking lot at 2:35, parents will need to remain inside their vehicles until preschool is dismissed at 2:45.